Thursday, July 19, 2007

Emboss Resist


This card was a bit time consuming to make, but well worth it when I see the finished product. I was inspired by a card I saw in the Splitcoast gallery a while back. I'm still looking for the card so I can give proper credit.

I started with a piece of Whispering White Cardstock and stamped the Lexicon of Love "Friend" stamp across it in the Basic Black ink until the background filled. I then took the Paint Prints stamp and the Versamark ink and stamped a few of flowers. I sprinkled on the clear embossing powder and heat them until they were set. Next came the Creamy Caramel ink which I applied all over the front of the card with a brayer. I'm still not totally competent with a brayer, so it took a bit of work for it to be even. I once again stamped a few more flowers with the Versamark, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and set with the embossing gun. Then I covered the entire card with Close To Cocoa ink using the brayer. After it was evenly covered, I took a tissue to make sure and get all the extra ink off the embossed flowers, which in turn made them pop to the eye. I couldn't quite figure out how to finish the card off, so I set it down for a day or two. I finally decided it was time to take out the twill tape and chip board and attempt something new. I sponged the chip board piece with Creamy Caramel several times. It seemed as if the chip board would just suck up the color. But then I noticed a kind of suede look to it which I really liked. So I once again took the Lexicon of Love stamp and inked only the large Friend and stamped it on the Twill Tape. I attached the chip board with some brads from the SU Hodgepodge Hardware.

One of the things I really love about the way the browns worked together is that although it has flowers on it, it has a masculine feel as well. I love versatile cards!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Lexicon of Love, Paint Prints
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa
Paper: Whispering White
Other: Brayer, Twill Tape, Chipboard, Hodgepodge Hardware, Sponge, Clear Embossing Powder

1 comment:

Sharon in NE said...

This is a great card. You're right it is a versatile card. One you could give to a guy friend or girl. I really love the technique you did. Thanks for the explanation. Hope mine turns out as well as yours!