Thursday, April 24, 2008

Did Someone Say Cat?


A friend of mine LOVES cats. She is constantly looking for cute cat sets. When we look at different cards together, her mind is always working at trying to figure out how to get a cat in the picture. Whether the cat is behind a bucket or tree, or peeking through some flowers or high grass, or on top of a box or truck. She must be rubbing off on me because I came across a card where they used the Unfroggetable flowers as a background to a snail (that is also in that set), and all I could think of when I saw the card was how much my friend would love it if the snail had been a cat. Lol So, I changed the card and colors and used one of the cat stamps she let me borrow. This is the result. I was very pleased with the way it turned out, and she was as well. The dimensional really helps the cat pop out of the picture. I also added some Versamark flowers from the Watercolor Joy Wheel on the Yoyo Yellow paper to add a little texture. I think there is a very good chance we will be making more of these in the future for her to send out. (smile)

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Unfrogettable, Watercolor Joy Wheel, Cat Set (from Michaels)
Ink: Black Stazon, Yoyo yellow watercolor crayon, Only Orange Watercolor crayon, Real Red Watercolor Crayon, Close to Cocoa watercolor crayon
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Only Orange card stock, Yoyo Yellow card stock
Other: Watercolor pen, twine, dimensional

No comments: