Friday, April 25, 2008

Scalloped Edges


I recently learned a new technique. It involved making scalloped edges with a slit punch. I had seen several cards on Splitcoast Stampers and various blogs using the scalloped edges and really liked what it added to the cards, but I had no idea how to do it. So, I did what I always do when I have no idea how to do something…….I Googled. Several different sites popped up including some with step-by-step tutorials. This technique that I thought would be difficult turned out to be incredibly simple!!! Since then, I have become scallop-crazy. I’ve taken all kinds of scraps and scalloped them and have been looking for ways to add the edges to my cards. This card is a perfect example of that. I initially didn’t have the white scallops on the card, but it just seemed to be missing something. Once I added them it seemed to make the flower pop. I also added a bit of sponging. I have a difficult time with too much white space and the sponging seemed to tone that down. Enjoy!


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Gerberadaisy
Ink: Black Stazon, Garden Green Classic Ink Pad, Lovely Lilac Watercolor Crayon; Garden Green Watercolor Crayon
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, Lovely Lilac, Elegant Eggplant, SU DS Paper
Other: Vintage brads, sponging, Hodgepodge Hardware, Purple Stitched Ribbon from Michael’s, Slit Punch, Ticket Corner Punch

No comments: